Welcome back to FYW #UNFILTERED Moon Musings with Venessa & Megan!
What are #UNFILTERED Moon Musings?
These #UNFILTERED episodes are a hybrid of moon musings + convo + QA answering your top questions about holistic health, nutrition, herbs, moon cycles, and earth-based medicine. Connecting to the moon cycles can be a powerful way to tap into your inner wild and wise self, and if you want to come along for the ride, we are LOVING the Many Moons book by Sarah Gottesdiener - you can grab yours here!
BUT we need YOUR help! Send us your questions and comments by clicking here, we can't wait to hang out with you <3
This Episode's Theme...
New Moon in Gemini :: Destruction + Creation, How to Love Your Liver, & Addressing Addictions
In this episode, Megan and Venessa dive into this New Moon’s Gemini theme of “dualism” and Spring time by getting clinical with this season’s “poster organ” - the liver. They cover the energetics, the role and physiology of the liver, and share some practical tips and tools to support detoxification on ALL levels.
Megan also shares her own vulnerable journey with addiction and toxins, how she was able to build a bridge for herself to face her addictions and breakthrough self-hatred to step into sobriety and feel more freedom in her life.
This is a powerful episode and we hope you walk away with some new tools, perspective, and inspiration.
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Liver talk - the “poster organ” of spring, destruction and creation, transformation; we cover the importance of the liver in our body at this time of the year
- Eastern perspective of the liver - Liver stagnation occurs when the liver becomes swollen and sluggish in its attempt to circulate qi energy smoothly, and becomes stagnate in the liver
- Common signs and symptoms of stagnant liver and how to identify if you may benefit from liver support
- The many roles of the liver in the body and the best herbs and foods used to support your liver, i.e. dandelion greens and roots, broccoli sprouts, sprouted mung beans, cruciferous vegetables
- Why bitter is better, especially in this season
- The energetics and emotional aspects of the liver and this time of year: anger, toxins, addictions
- According to Eastern philosophy, emotions have a huge impact on our organs and greed, anger, and resentment greatly damage liver function, and unresolved emotional issues are stored as excess in the liver
- What we think one of the biggest “blind spots” there is today that takes our energy away from addressing our internal blocks and energy flow/qi
- Disconnected connection and what that means
- How to embody the liver in your life and be the bridge between destruction and creation
- What Megan is letting go of right now and the specific food she's bringing in for liver support
- Detoxing and dogma - why it’s important to remember that one person’s superfood may be another's poison
- Megan shares her vulnerable story of her own addictions, toxins, and living in “two worlds”
- How Megan was able to build a bridge for herself to face her addictions and breakthrough self-hatred and step into sobriety and feel more free
- How to deal with the shame and what Megan believes to be the #1 way to move through shame
- Why building self love and finding your support crew are critical in the process of recovery
Two practices to try for this New Moon: Embodying The Liver
- What is one thing you want to “filter out” of your life and release in any area? What is “toxic” in your life that you can take out, i.e. a food, substance, social media, person, etc...
- What is one thing you can bring in to nourish your process of detoxification, healthy destruction, and creation? Food/herb, activity, mantra, support system, nature, etc...
Let us know!
Resources + Links Mentioned
Sacred Ecology Visualization & Activation Journey to help you uncover what’s been keeping you stuck in your health & life, and discover what “foods” to bring in right now for radical nourishment & clarity.
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Ask Us Your Top Q's!
Go to wildlyrooted.com/podcastconnect to send us your top questions around health + wellness, nutrition + herbalism, natural cycles + intuition, & your top challenges.
Connect with Venessa @wildlyrooted
Connect with Megan @amethyst_and_rose
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!