Resources We Love <3
Please note, some of these links are affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
BLENDERS + JUICERS
- Vitamix Blender - My all-time fave and first love.
There are diff kinds of affordable juicers - centrifugal and masticating. My recommendations are below:
Centrifugal juicers (work well, speedy but juices can oxidize more quickly)
Masticating (slower and more to clean, but better for wheat grass in addition to green juice - considered "better" for saving enzymes in juice)
WATER + FILTERS
Findaspring.com - TRY SOURCING WILD WATER FIRST! Browse through natural springs around the world.
Big Berkey Countertop W ater Filter - Filters out fluoride.
Mountain Valley Spring water - Spring water delivery
Water bottles: Hydroflask +
Water Filter Buying Guide by EWG
Skincare + Personal care
I love sourcing local and hand-made products, but the below companies are the ones I always come back to...
- Living Libations - LOVE this woman and her products.
- Feather Eagle Sky - Divine line, shaman approved, amazing woman behind it.
- Morocco Method Intl. - the original "no-poo" hair care. Wildcrafted, raw, vegan, paleo, gluten free and color safe shampoos. Based on the principles of the 5 elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether). I use the Blood of the Dragon Styling Gel for my curly hair.
- ACURE Organics - Available at most stores. Great moisturizers and hair care products.
- Annmarie Gianni - Her line is awesome, made with love & great quality/sourced ingredients.
- Dr. Bronner’s - available at most stores.
- Primal Pit Paste - My fave deodorant if I use any. Use this link and get 15% off your first order.
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health - This should be required reading for EVERY girl.
- Lunapads and Gladrags
- Daysy Fertility Monitor - if you want to go fancy... non-hormonal birth control method made easy
Try going barefoot when you can ;) But when you can't...
- EarthRunners - I LIVE in these in the summer when not barefoot. MY FAVE - so comfortable.
- Vivo Barefoot - My honey wears the Scott weatherproof boots to work... he's a farmer on his feet all day rain/shine and he loves them!
Websites + Guides
- Radiant Life - "Ancient wisdom for modern health" YES... One of my favorite places for natural health products + resources
- Thrive Market - Thrive Market is like a Costco mixed with health food store online. Lots of great items for good prices.
- Vital Choice - a trusted source for home delivery of the great quality wild seafood and organic fare, harvested from healthy, well-managed wild fisheries and farms.
- *If you’re in Chicago-land area: Irv and Shelly's Fresh Picks in IL which offers local and organic fare for delivery including meat, veggies, fruit and more - they deliver to various areas and also have pickup sites, so check them out!
- US Wellness Meats - Grassfed + sustainably sourced animal products
Farmers Market Directories
Every Sunday morning during the warmer seasons, you’ll find me at my local Farmers Market. Fresh food, real farmers behind the food, local and organic. Not to mention they’re super fun and social!
Shop at a Co-op!
I’m all about supporting local businesses and putting the purchase power back into the hands of the customer! Try to find a co-op near you and do the same :)
food guides + directories
- Seasonal Local Food Guide by State
- Cornucopia Institute - Organic Food Watchdogs... Through research and investigations, they support economic justice for the family-scale farming community – partnered with consumers – backing ecologically produced local, organic and authentic food. They have good reports and scorecards too.
- EWG: Good Food on a Tight Budget - Showcases vegetables that pack the most nutrition for the lowest cost
- EWG: Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen - Save money and eat clean with this informative list of top foods you should always buy organic, and the top foods that are “clean” so you don’t have to always pay top dollar.
- EWG: Guide to food additives
- Seafood Watch Guide - Buy sustainable and mercury-free fish with this guide. Download the app, I use it every time I buy fish - super informative!
- The Forager's Virtual Wild Food Field Guide
- Eatwild - Eatwild's Directory of Farms lists more than 1,400 pasture-based farms. It is a comprehensive source for grass-fed meat and dairy products in the US and Canada. Products include: Beef,Pork, Lamb, Veal, Goat, Elk, Venison, Yak, Chickens, Ducks, Rabbits, Turkeys, Wild-Caught Salmon and more.
- Local Harvest - Has a search directory for local and organic food, including pasture-raised and grassfed meats.
home + environment
- EWG.org - Environmental Working Group provides helpful databases and guides to healthy living
- Home Air Filter - Did you know that some of the most toxic air is in your own home! Open up those windows and get an air filter, which can relieve those allergies. This one is expensive, but it’s a true HEPA medical-grade home air filter that works.
- EWG Guide to Healthy Cleaning - There are so many crazy, unstudied toxic chemicals found in our cleaning products, this is a must have tool! This EWG Guide ranks 2,000 household cleaning products - check to see how yours score.
- Dirty Dozen List of Endocrine Disruptors - So many cancers and other diseases are stemming from endocrine and hormone disruptions. This is a must-read guide of 12 Hormone-Altering Chemicals and How to Avoid Them.
WildlyRooted.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.