“Soul Tarot is a humble reinterpretation of The Tarot as an evolutionary tool, one that can help us to align with our soul's truth, our inner compass, and our innate wildness... This is an unlearning, a reconnection, a re-wilding: it is tarot for a new consciousness. ” ~ Lindsay Mack, www.lindsaymack.com
One of the many ways humans throughout history have consulted with the numinous, the All, or God is through divination with sacred tools. Whether you’ve been steeped in the occult practices for years or if you’re a newbie, divination is a way to begin exploring our intuitive self, a container to develop a language, a relationship and way of working with a wisdom that is reflected back to us.
As the founder of Tarot for the Wild Soul and Wild Soul Healing, Lindsay Mack shares how she works with tarot as a divination tool personally and how her health changed and shifted by working with tarot around some of her health issues. She gives advice around giving your power away and steps you can take to gain back your power working with tarot.
Lindsay shares the keys to having a tarot practice that best works for you and gives us an epic break down of the Death card, busting the biggest myths and misconceptions about tarot.
Lindsay also gives sage advice for anyone interested in getting into tarot to support their own healing journey, as well as how she got through her severe complex PTSD from childhood trauma, and the various modalities and practitioners that have helped her along the way.
Plus Lindsay is offering a special gift for Feed Your Wild listeners, so check that out below!
Lindsay Mack is an intuitive healer, holistic counselor, tarot reader, and the founder of Tarot for the Wild Soul. She is the creator of Soul Tarot, a way of interpreting and intentionally utilizing the Tarot as a tool for our soul's growth and evolution. Lindsay is the host of the weekly podcast, Tarot for the Wild Soul, which has been downloaded more than 1 million times in the year that it has been on the air. Her work with the Tarot has been written about and featured in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Refinery 29, Well + Good, and Nylon.
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Spotify and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is “Soul Tarot” and how Lindsay works with tarot on a personal level as well as professional
- How tarot can turn down the volume of the “survival voice”
- How Lindsay’s work with the tarot has profoundly changed her health
- How Lindsay came into this work seemingly by accident and had no “pings”
- How doing her Work - unpacking her complex PTSD and more - allowed doors to open up for her
- How tarot is for Lindsay as Josh is for Cher in the movie Clueless
- Tara Brach's wisdom on feeling triggered and how it’s the realization that we’re triggered that’s most important in the healing process.
- Advice around giving your power away and steps to gain back your power working with tarot
- Great questions to ask yourself when working with tarot, such as Where am i in this moment? What is one action to reclaim all parts of my power - bring them back home to my body?
- How things can happen in an instant and the importance of full compassion for yourself and your experiences
- The keys to having a tarot practice that works best for you - i.e. look at the cards as invitations...
- Lindsay gives us an epic break down of the Death card - a magnificent right of passage (and how it never means someone is going to die)
- The two cards that signify cutting off the ego
- The first steps for anyone interested in getting into tarot to support their own healing journey
- The importance of letting your soul choose your deck
- Lindsay busts the biggest myths and misconceptions about tarot
- How Lindsay got through her severe complex PTSD from childhood trauma, and the various modalities and practitioners that have helped her along the way
- How amino acid therapy has changed her life and her grandmother’s life
- How lindsay doesn’t give a f*ck if a practice or tool is not “spiritual” - as long as it nourishes her
- What is feeding Lindsay’s wild right now
- Lindsay shares all about her amazing program and is offering listeners a 10% discount off of the enrollment cost (registration open until Sept 4)! Check out the link and code below...
Connect With Lindsay Mack
*Gift for Feed Your Wild Listeners*
Learn more about the Tarot for the Wild Soul course here, and use the code YOURWILD at checkout for 10% off of the course!
Resources + Links Mentioned
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast and production costs. Thank you!
Wildly Rooted Resources
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!