Welcome back to FYW #UNFILTERED Moon Musings with Venessa & Megan!
What are #UNFILTERED Moon Musings?
These #UNFILTERED episodes are a hybrid of moon musings + convo + QA answering your top questions about holistic health, nutrition, herbs, moon cycles, and earth-based medicine. Connecting to the moon cycles can be a powerful way to tap into your inner wild and wise self, and if you want to come along for the ride, we are LOVING the Many Moons book by Sarah Gottesdiener - you can grab yours here!
BUT we need YOUR help! Send us your questions and comments by clicking here, we can't wait to hang out with you <3
This Episode's Theme...
#UNFILTERED Moon Musings :: Full Moon In Aquarius Lunar Eclipse :: Rest for Healing & Clearance this Blood Moon
Megan and Venessa discuss the theme of REST this Full Moon in Aquarius Lunar Eclipse July 27 aka Blood Moon. This is an opportune time for rest in order to review, turn inward, and clear what needs to be released. They cover the importance of rest and sleep for health on multiple levels, the glymphatic system that cleanses and feeds the brain, and various concepts of time management for implementing rest. They also share some practical tips and tools to support your relationship to rest and optimizing sleep.
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, & Spotify and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is sleep hygiene and ways you can work on it, from managing “light pollution” to timing, diet, and liquid intake prior to bedtime
- Glymphatic system: the brain cleansing system that clears waste utilizing a unique system of perivascular tunnels to promote efficient elimination of waste/toxins/plaque from the central nervous system, and also facilitates brain-wide distribution of nutrients. Also - it works while you sleep!
- How Nightshifters like nurses and those in service industry can create their own rhythm
- The concept of “catching your wave” from Andrea Nakayama - melatonin and cortisol cycles
- Megan’s personal experience with anemia, her sobriety journey and her non-negotiable sleep practice
- Signs that your adrenals are stressed
- Why cutting your body some slack and having patience is important in times of transition and healing
- Megan’s dysfunctional relationship with sleep and sleep cycle + allies she worked with
- What your sleep is telling you and various causes of sleep disturbance
- What to eat to balance blood sugar so you don’t wake up in middle of night - fat + fiber + protein, and protein snack ideas prior to bed if needed, and what Megan calls “meat pill”
- Sour cherries and montmorency cherries boosting levels of melatonin
- Herbal remedies you can work with for a restful sleep and relaxation and the importance of working with an herbal practitioner on an individual level to get a customized approach
- Our issues with coffee... ways to experiment in reducing your intake to see if it is impacting your sleep and energy levels
- The importance of building relationship with rest that works for you
- Circadian rhythm/light cycles, Ultradian rhythms and how to do it
- Intermittent resting and the importance of silence for cellular regeneration
- The power of Float tanks + sensory deprivation (Venessa will report back about her experience ;)
- How yoga nidra can be a helpful way to bring in more rest in less time
Questions to Ask Yourself this Full Moon
What is my relationship to rest?
Where do you feel you need rest? How can you begin to build rest into your day?
What might you need rest from?
Resources + Links Mentioned
Sacred Ecology Visualization & Activation Journey to help you uncover what’s been keeping you stuck in your health & life, and discover what “foods” to bring in right now for radical nourishment & clarity.
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Ask Us Your Top Q's!
Go to wildlyrooted.com/podcastconnect to send us your top questions around health + wellness, nutrition + herbalism, natural cycles + intuition, & your top challenges.
Connect with Venessa @wildlyrooted
Connect with Megan @amethyst_and_rose
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!