“I have a great respect for both [science & spirituality]... By bringing together the spiritual with the physical through the rainbow of who we are is what my mission is in life - to help people do that.” ~ Dr. Deanna Minich
What does true holistic health actually look like? How can we bridge the gap between wisdom from ancient traditions, modern science, intuition and spiritual approaches?
Today’s guest Dr. Deanna Minich has spent over 20 years answering these questions and has not only created an incredible body of work blending these areas, as you’ll see, she literally brings so much color and light to the often confusing and polarizing topic of nutritional science.
Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally-recognized teacher, author, scientist, speaker, and artist. Her passion is bringing forth a colorful whole-self approach to nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, soul, and art in medicine.
She has decades of diverse, well-rounded experience in the fields of nutrition and functional medicine, including clinical practice, research, product formulation, writing, and education. Her doctoral (Ph.D.) research focused on essential fatty acid absorption and metabolism, and her Master of Science degree (M.S.) allowed her to explore the health benefits of the colorful, plant-based carotenoids. She has authored six books, on health and wellness and over fifteen scientific publications. Her most recent book is called The Rainbow Diet: A Holistic Approach to Radiant Health Through Foods and Supplements.
In this episode, she talks about her own healing story, how she came to blend science and spirit in her work, and we take a colorful journey through the 7 Systems of Health that are the backbone of Deanna’s teachings today. Enjoy!
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Deanna's structured upbringing and disordered eating shaped the beginning of her path to food and self-discovery through yoga, spirituality, and art
- How she worked through resistance and pushback in creating her work and finding her voice in the health + wellness space
- What being on the leading or “bleeding” edge of science and spirituality within the medical community taught Deanna
- How working deeply within functional medicine, integrative nutrition, traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda has informed her work and allowed her to use her own experience and intuition to “break the mold”
- Deanna takes us on a journey through the "7 Systems of Health"
- We dive deep into the Root system, Venessa's own ongoing journey with healing her root and how it has impacted her skin health among other things
- What Deanna has found to be one of the most common areas that are out of balance and the number ONE issue that people have (after looking at thousands of test results!)
- Deanna’s journey healing endometriosis and what worked for her
- What Deanna says are her non-negotiable “stop gaps” for her health
- Why focusing on our “YES” and what has meaning for us can lead to greater health benefits
- The most common nonphysical imbalances Deanna has seen in her experience as a clinician and educator
- What Deanna considers as the “magic bullet supplement"
- How to become the “artist of your life”
Connect With Dr. Deanna Minich
Resources + Links Mentioned
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Wildly Rooted Resources
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!