Welcome back to FYW #UNFILTERED Moon Musings with Venessa & Megan!
What are #UNFILTERED Moon Musings?
These #UNFILTERED episodes are a hybrid of moon musings + convo + QA answering your top questions about holistic health, nutrition, herbs, moon cycles, and earth-based medicine. Connecting to the moon cycles can be a powerful way to tap into your inner wild and wise self, and if you want to come along for the ride, we are LOVING the Many Moons book by Sarah Gottesdiener - you can grab yours here!
BUT we need YOUR help! Send us your questions and comments by clicking here, we can't wait to hang out with you <3
This Episode's Theme...
Full Moon in Capricorn :: Walking The Talk, Alignment + Discernment, Digestive Fire + Gut Talk
In this episode, Megan and Venessa dive into this Full Moon’s Capricorn June 27/28 aka the Strawberry Moon. The themes include alignment/discernment, enacting our spirituality and self-actualization thru creativity, personal power, and internal fire. This Summer time month we also get clinical with this season’s organ - the small intestine + vagus nerve. They cover the energetics, the role and physiology of the small intestine, and share some practical tips and tools to support your digestive fire and flow on ALL levels.
It's also Venessa's birthday(!) and she announces a special virtual workshop on July 22, 2018 called Feed Your Wild :: Gut :: Mapping the Wild Terrain of Your Gut Health and Digestive Wellness PLUS how you can grab your spot for FREE (listen + scroll down this page to learn more)!
Happy Full Moon!
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, & Spotify and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Full Moon Themes: Alignment -> abundance, enacting our spirituality, expansion, creativity, fertilizing, pollination, fire, sun
- How to discern what is “best”, how to get unstuck
- Physiology: the small intestine, it’s role and importance, and its role in saying what can "come in" and what "stays out"
- Alignment and discernment as it relates to the 3rd chakra - solar plexus, the place of personal will and power, also the place of small intestine, stomach, digestion, fire
- Digestion is a reflection of the ability to digest and assimilate everything including thoughts, this center determines the health of both our bodies and minds
- Walking the Talk: Organizing our minds and experience, deciding what needs to be burned away or retained; setting goals and concentrating on what we need to do and think to achieve our aspirations
- Importance of diversity, color, rainbow foods, and polyphenols in digestion
- Listener Qs on digestive issues: bloating/gas/constipation/diarrhea
- Practice/Tools/Foods: ways to get digestive fire going and movement/flow
- Fire supportive foods: Bitters, ginger, seeds, vinegars
- Flow supportive foods: Colorful foods/veggies + fruit for fiber, polyphenols, detox + cooling foods, raw foods
- The importance of slowing down and chewing
- The vagus nerve and how it impacts all aspects of our health
- Summer is nature's season of growth and maturation:: learning to be in flow with nature and to flow as nature does through the seasons and through the moon cycles
- Ways to support the health and action of your vagus nerve
Two practices to try for this Full Moon: Fire + Flow
- How many colors can you put in your shopping bag and plate? This season, reach for colored versions of what you usually get and be adventurous!
- Slow down and chew your food... Pick out ONE meal per day to focus on giving yourself ample time for the meal, slowing down, and chewing really well and mindfully
- Bonus... LAUGH this week and show your vagus nerve some love ;)
Feed Your Wild :: Gut :: Virtual Workshop!
FEED YOUR WILD :: GUT :: is a virtual interactive workshop designed to reclaim the wild resilience and robust health of our “second brain”... our gut terrain.
This workshop is designed to educate and give you practical tools to take back your health by re-aligning and restoring the true nature of your gut.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Date: Sunday, July 22nd, 2018
Time: 12pm - 3pm PST / 2pm - 5pm CST / 3pm - 6pm EST
Duration: 3 hours
Where: Online, from the comfort of your own home!
*In case you can’t make it live, this virtual event WILL be recorded and you will get access to all of the materials and bonuses.
Special Pre-Sale Pricing Ends July 15!
*GIVE-AWAY ANNOUNCEMENT* :: Follow @wildlyrooted on Instagram to get details on our special giveaway where 1 lucky person will receive a FREE spot in the Feed Your Wild GUT Virtual Workshop! See ya there xo
Resources + Links Mentioned
Andrea Nakayama's Functional Nutrition Alliance
Sacred Ecology Visualization & Activation Journey to help you uncover what’s been keeping you stuck in your health & life, and discover what “foods” to bring in right now for radical nourishment & clarity.
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Ask Us Your Top Q's!
Go to wildlyrooted.com/podcastconnect to send us your top questions around health + wellness, nutrition + herbalism, natural cycles + intuition, & your top challenges.
Connect with Venessa @wildlyrooted
Connect with Megan @amethyst_and_rose
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!