“When we do creative things, we are more in our bodies, we are more in our hearts... and when we're more in our bodies & hearts, synchronicities happen, miracles happen, you set intention and it manifests... it's when all the magic happens.”
– Catherine Scherwenka
What if what you thought was the picture of "success" was actually the source of your anxiety, depression, and frustration? What if you achieved everything that you thought would make you happy, yet you still felt restless and unfulfilled? That's what happened with Catherine Scherwenka, and through a series of tragedy and miracles, she found her way back to herself. She shares her remarkable story and how to live a more authentic life from a space of freedom, courage and Grace... dropping the stress, anxiety and societal pressures in order to step more powerfully into our innate mastery as the change makers we are meant to be before we were told who we should be.
Catherine Scherwenka is a globally recognized workshop facilitator that has led thousands of people through transformational experiences both in person as well as virtually. She incorporates a variety of modalities including Kundalini yoga, meditation, spiritual guidance, and mentoring on how to live a happier, more authentic, fulfilling life.
Catherine is a speaker and co - founder of FLY Retreats (Feel Like Yourself), IPI (Inner Peace Initiative) and a One Consciousness Transformer for O&O Academy, A school for the transformation of human consciousness.
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How the tragedy of 9/11 drove Catherine into a depression and was the catalyst in her quest for the meaning of life and inner journey that changed her life
- How Mother Nature “cracked” her open and nourished her soul
- Why “Oneness” has profoundly changed her
- Brain research demonstrating the efficacy of meditation and Oneness teachings
- The difference between doing something because you “conceptually” think you should, vs embodying it
- How she found Kundalini yoga, catapulting her practice and work
- What to do when we can’t change what’s outside of us
- How Catherine went from living the “American dream” as a celebrity hairdresser in NYC, but feeling totally unfulfilled and trying to “fix” it all… to leading meditation and journeys in India and finding her soul calling through Oneness
- The biggest thing Catherine sees in people that is holding them back from happiness and fulfillment
- Why Catherine feels “feeding your wild” is the most important piece in getting unstuck
- How to bring more synchronicities and miracles into your life experience
- The hard truth about external influences, “voices”, and judgments… and what they say about ourselves
- How to keep going, even when you think you have failed or want to give up
- How to overcome our biggest obstacle – our own mind
- Why Catherine says THANK YOU to those that trigger or irritate her
- How our conditionings create the illusion of separation
- The fun practice that Catherine started at the age of 46, but almost passed up because she thought she was "too old”
Connect With Catherine Scherwenka
>> FYW LISTENER SPECIAL: FREE 30 Min Private One-on-One Session with Catherine (only 2 spots available!) <<
Catherine is generously offering 2 x FREE 30 min One-on-One sessions with her where together you'll determine what your primary struggle of the moment is with regards to your body, mind, & spirit. Catherine will create an easy practice for you to help support getting you from where you are to where you want to be! (These will go fast...)
To claim your spot, Email Info@catherinescherwenka.com and tell her how this private session will help you!
Resources + Links Mentioned
O&O Academy - A school for the transformation of human consciousness.
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Wildly Rooted Resources
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!