Special Solo Episode: Meet the Wanderer, aka your vagus nerve, and why you should care about the largest nerve in your body (plus how to support your gut-brain connection)!
In this first special solo episode, Venessa goes into the gut-heart-brain connection and takes you on a journey with the Wanderer within, aka the vagus nerve. She covers the enteric nervous system (ENS), how the vagus nerve is connected to the various systems of our body and impacts our health, especially through the gut-brain connection. Venessa discusses things we can do to support our vagus nerve and gut-heart-brain connection on physical and energetic levels, including nature-based practices, foods/nutrients, and intuitive practices to try out!
If you’re struggling with any kind of gut issue, including GERD, IBS, constipation, or gut-brain manifestation like brain fog and memory issues... this is a must listen!
If you’re interested in learning more about the gut and gut-related issues, check out the upcoming Feed Your Wild GUT virtual workshop and take advantage of the presale pricing (it’s live August 29 but will be recorded if you can’t make it live!)
Love this podcast? Subscribe over on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Spotify and never miss an episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Heart Math Institute + measuring the activity of vagus nerve with Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- #UNFILTERED Moon Musings :: Full Moon in Capricorn :: Walking The Talk, Alignment + Discernment, Digestive Fire + Gut Talk
- Acute cold exposure + cold plunging - start slow by doing a face plunge in cold water
- Wild Natural Beauty, Walking the Talk, & Motherhood as Medicine with Jessika Le Corre
- Physical activation through frequency and vibration
- Study: Vagus nerve stimulation inhibits cytokine production and attenuates disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis
- Uncovering Suppressed Histories + Reclaiming Ancient Ways of Living For A Vital Future With Max Dashu
- Meditation and prayer - rosary prayer study
- Nutrients + Food to support vagus nerve:
- EPA and DHA - seafood, "SMASH" fish (also found beneifical in RA) Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with marine and botanical oils: an 18-month, randomized, and double-blind trial. (2014)
- Zinc-rich foods include liver, beef, lamb, oysters, scallops, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats.
Feed Your Wild :: Gut :: virtual workshop
Date: Sunday, August 26th, 2018
Time: 12pm - 3pm PST / 2pm - 5pm CST / 3pm - 6pm EST
Duration: 3 hours
Where: Online, from the comfort of your own home!
*In case you can’t make it live, this virtual event WILL be recorded and you will get access to all of the materials and bonuses.
PRE-SALE PRICING: Feed Your Wild :: GUT :: Virtual Circle Workshop is Live on August 26, 2018
This special pre-sale price of $47 will increase to $67 at midnight on July 29, 2018
Your support means the world...
If the show has helped, inspired or spoken to you, it would mean the world to me if you show your support through a small financial contribution. Each FYW episode is a labor of love that takes me about three days to produce... From as little as $1 a month, your support will help to cover the costs associated with producing and hosting the show. I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To make a contribution, head to the Patreon page here.
Share this episode by clicking the SHARE button below!